YAMA Glass Siphon (Syphon)
This Yama Glass Tabletop Vacpot Coffee Siphon is a unique kind of brewer. Similar to something in a scientific laboratory, the vacuum style brewer is as much a conversation piece as it is a quality coffee brewer. The Yama Glass Siphon Brewer ships with one filter cloth, the filter assembly, a measuring spoon, the lid/stand, the alcohol burner/warmer, and the vacuum brewer itself. The 5 cup size specification refers to the Yama cup size, which measures to about 3-4 ounces per cup.
Available in 3 cup or 5 cup size.
WARNING: USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN HEATING WITH AN OPEN FLAME
Directions for use:
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee, somewhere around "auto drip" however you may experiment to taste.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass siphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the 5 mark with hot water and place 5 measuring spoons of coffee mark in top chamber.
- Place the alcohol/butane burner directly under the center of the bottom chamber, and light the burner.
- As the water boils, it will be syphoned up to the top chamber where it will infuse with the ground coffee. A little water will always remain in the bottom water chamber.
- Let brew about 60 seconds, then remove the pot from the heat source.
- Once the coffee starts to cool the liquid is siphoned back down into the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- Gently rock the upper carafe back and forth until it can easily be removed and placed into its stand.
- Serve and enjoy your fresh great tasting coffee.
Although Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol which is available at all drug stores can be used in the alcohol burner, Denatured Alcohol which can be purchased most hardware stores will burn hotter and help heat the water quicker.
Optional Butane Burner:
The portable Butane Bunsen Micro-Burner with adjustable flame is the ideal heat source for syphon/siphon coffee makers. This is a perfect match for our tabletop syphon. This is also great burner for cooking, camping, laboratory applications and restaurants.
The butane burner includes:
- Electronic instant ignition system
- Adjustable flame
- Refillable 30 - 35 gms butane fuel tank
- Max. Temperature attainable : 1,300 C or 2,400 F
- Working Time : about 45 minutes
- Dimension : 125 mm x 80 mm x 76 mm