Cafetto Espresso Machine Cleaner - 1kg
When espresso loses its shine, the first place for the barista to look is in the cleanliness of the machine. A dirty group head can compromise the quality of an otherwise great shot of coffee. Cafetto Espresso Clean can handle the clean-up without tainting the coffee's rich taste; as well, it's non-corrosive so will not damage the espresso machine.
Cafetto Espresso Clean is also NSF tested and certified to protocol 152, ensuring its safety and effectiveness.
PROCEDURE TO BACKFLUSH EACH DELIVERY GROUP
- Remove coffee filter from group handle, and replace with blind filter.
- For daily cleaning add 1 level scoop of Espresso Clean into the group handle and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 level scoops.
- Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
- Stop the cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop cycle 4 more times - run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
- Remove the group handle and rinse well under a stream of water from the delivery group. Turn off.
- Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
- Remove the blind filter and insert a regular filter.
- Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season the machine.
PROCEDURE TO CLEAN FILTERS AND GROUP HANDLES
- Soak group handles and filters in 500ml of hot water with 2 teaspoons of Espresso Clean® Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.